Why you need to market on WeChat?
It filled a major gap in the world’s largest social network market, where many foreign-owned platforms like Facebook, YouTube and WhatsApp are banned.
Therefore, it is essential to marketing on WeChat for entering China market.
How to market on WeChat for business – WeChat marketing
If you have a WeChat official account, you can create content on WeChat, interact directly with and sell it to your followers and customers.
More than 100 countries, including New Zealand, can now apply for WeChat official accounts, even if they do not have a Chinese business license. So WeChat marketing is worth a try.
How to promote your business on WeChat – Open a WeChat official account
The most effective way to market your business on WeChat is by opening an Official Account. There are two types of accounts for WeChat marketing, Subscription accounts and Service accounts.
The Subscription account is designed for marketing but is not open to overseas businesses.
WeChat’s Service account is made for sales and customer support. Service account holders publish up to four times per month up to six articles at a time. and have access to WeChat Pay and API. And the enterprises holding overseas business licenses can only apply for Service account.
The steps for applying for an Official Account on WeChat:
- Go to the WeChat OA Register Webpage and click Register
- Select Service account
- Enter your Email Address to receive a confirmation code
- Enter the Confirmation Code and then choose a password
- Select your business’s Country of Origin
- Request the WeChat verification process to get access to premium features
- Complete your account profile and click Done
WeChat Official Accounts must be verified (usually via phone call) and pay a $99 USD annual fee to the platform. It will take 1-2 weeks to get an answer but, once set up, your business will benefit from the same access and features as businesses registered in China.
A few ways to engage with users on WeChat:
- By displaying QR codes linked to their account at the point of sale, on their websites, in physical stores, or in other promotional materialsBy ensuring their products show up on WeChat Scan
- By creating content that can be seen in WeChat search
- By creating engaging Mini Programmes
- By setting up a WeChat store (an eCommerce store within WeChat)
Can you advertise on WeChat? – YES
Two main types of ads WeChat offers:
WeChat Moments Ads are the same thing as ads on Facebook’s timeline. WeChat users spend an average of 2.5 hours a day on WeChat Moments, 30% of which spend 3.5 hours a day.
WeChat Banner Ads are based on the WeChat Official Account Platform. So, it appears in the form of banner ads displayed at the top, middle or bottom of tweets from other official accounts.
Close to 60 per cent of the reading sources by WeChat users come from the tweets of the WeChat official account.
In addition, WeChat limits the number of ads WeChat users see through the day. For example, each WeChat user can see only three ads on his or her WeChat Moments in 24 hours. If they don’t engage in interactions such as comments, likes, and so on, the ad will be removed from the user’s timeline after 6 hours.
We are proud to serve outstanding clients.